After the murder of gay activist David Kato, Brenda Namigadde, currently in Yarl's Wood, says she fears her life is over Inside Yarl's Wood detention centre, awaiting deportation to Uganda in less than 24 hours, Brenda Namigadde is desperate. Namigadde fled her home country eight years ago after being persecuted for her relationship with another woman. She says she has always intended to return home when "things were better". But things, she says, have just got worse. After the murder of the gay Ugandan activist David Kato and with a chilling warning from Ugandan MP David Bahati ringing in her ears, she says she fears her life is over. Bahati, the author of a bill which would impose the death penalty on homosexuals, intervened in Namigadde's case to warn her she should "repent" or be arrested on her return. Speaking from Yarl's Wood, Namigadde, 29, says: "My life is in danger. I don't know what will happen to me. I'm very scared. I haven...
Comments